Keith T. Darcy, President
Keith Darcy is President of Darcy Partners Inc. (DPI), a boutique consulting firm that works with boards and senior executives on a wide variety of complex governance, ethics, compliance, regulatory, and reputation risk challenges. Keith has worked with corporations across six continents, and in all business sectors.
Keith Darcy, President of Darcy Partners Inc., has combined a 40-year career in the financial services industry with his passion as an educator and his long-term involvement in business ethics, corporate governance and organizational leadership.
Some of his career highlights include:
– Keith was the Executive Director of the Ethics and Compliance Officer Association for nine years (2004-2013).
– Prior to its merger in 2002, Keith served as Executive Vice President and a member of the Office of the President, IBJ Whitehall Bank & Trust Company (IBJW) in NY.
– Keith helped establish the first ethics office on Wall Street at Prudential Securities in the early 1990s.
– For over fifteen years, Keith headed both consumer banking and corporate finance groups at HSBC in NY.
– Previously served as associate dean and distinguished professor of
business at Georgetown University, McDonough School of Business in Washington, D.C.
– Professor of Ethics and Leadership in the Executive Programs at The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania since 1994.
Keith Chairs the Global Center for Ethics and Social Responsibility at St. Thomas Aquinas College, is on the board of the Notre Dame Deloitte Center for Ethical Leadership, and since 2006 serves on the Steering of the Chair of Excellency in Law and Business Ethics at Université Cergy School of Law, France. For twelve years he served as Chairman of the Better Business Bureau Foundation in NY.
Following the sale of IBJW, Keith served on the board of directors of E*Trade Bank and its affiliates, as well as New York National Bank. From 2008-2012 he served on the Global Anti-Corruption Committee, World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.
Keith holds a B.S. degree from Fordham University’s College of Business, an M.B.A from the Hagan Graduate School of Business at Iona College, and has done additional post-graduate study at New York Theological Seminary. He has been awarded honorary doctorates from Manhattanville College and St. Thomas Aquinas College.
Keith has contributed his expertise to numerous books, and is widely published, quoted and referenced in books, newspapers, and magazine. Over the years he has been a keynote speaker and panelist in hundreds of venues worldwide, including the United Nations, OECD, and Harvard University, Kennedy School of Government, Carr Center on Human Rights.
Darcy Partners Inc. – Areas of Expertise
- Corporate Governance
- Reputation Risk
Relevant Consulting Experiences (partial list)
- Worked with executives from across all business sectors.
- Worked with executives from throughout Asia, Australia, North and South America Africa, Europe, Middle East.
- Worked with the FBI, Department of Justice, and the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- Worked with officials from the United Nations, the UN Office of Drugs and Crime, Transparency International, and the UN Global Compact.
- Advisor to two Middle East sovereign wealth funds.
Relevant Corporate Experiences
- CEO of two financial service companies.
- Senior executive of a major money center bank.
- Member of the governing authority of two national banks.
- Director of several significant nonprofit organizations.
Relevant Academic Experiences
- Faculty of the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania since 1994.
- Associate Dean and Distinguished Professor of Business, McDonough School of Business, Georgetown University.
- Member of the faculty at nine universities.
- Guest lecturer at over 30 universities.